Keri and I are still mostly avoiding wheat these days. This means wheat flour is out for pancakes. I’ve spent the last month or so perfecting my oat pancake recipe. It’s the perfect replacement if you want something gluten-free. It’s vegan too!
quick and easy gluten-free oat pancake
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- Blend oats and baking powder until it reaches flour consistency.
- In a bowl, add the oat flour mix and water. Whisk well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- As the batter sits, turn on skillet to medium-high heat.
- Pour batter in 1/4 cup measurements on skillet.
- Brown on each side until pancake no longer looks wet.
- Serve with your choice of topping.